When taking in feed, horses are exposed to a variety of toxic substances, so-called mycotoxins (= fungal toxins); most mycotoxins originate in the metabolism of fungi that are either associated with forage grasses or occur as pests (mould) spoiling hay, straw or grains.
There are currently 500 different mycotoxins identified, which are mutually reinforcing in their effect. Many horses cannot cope with deactivating the toxins and often demonstrate digestive problems such as watery discharge, abnormal liver values, a weakened immune system, weight loss, drop in performance, reduced feed intake as well as behavioural and rideability problems related to the toxic load.
Medigest forte is characterised by a high content of bioactive cell wall components of yeasts and lactic acid bacteria, vegetable polysaccharides, functional fibre materials and various clay minerals. The purely natural ingredients of Brandon® Plus medigest forte influence the detoxification process at different levels.
The toxins are securely bound, enzymatically inactivated and pass through the horses’ digestive tract without causing damage. They are simply released with the faeces.
• for watery stools
• for flatulence, diarrhoea and absorption problems
• for urticaria
• for restlessness
• targeted enzymatic detoxification (biotransformation)
• physical binding (toxin absorption)
• activation of the intestinal immune system
Feed 20 g per 100 kg body weight and day at the start of the application. When symptoms have improved, dosage can be lowered to 10 – 20 g Brandon® Plus medigest forte / 100 kg body weight and day. Offer several small amounts mixed into the feed. We recommend using Brandon® Plus medigest forte as a continuous component of the daily ration.
1 measuring cup = approx. 10 g